Beaute' Simple

What is love?
Let me speak frankly my darling girl
I will not spat lies of fairy tales
Or heavy laden you with all my romantic details
Which are as spontaneous as they are dangerous
Have no doubt
But believe me this
What I say now, right now, is true, and only for you

I promise you that if the time ever comes when God
Directs me to you, take a deep breathe
Because you are in for a few
Very interesting surprises

Imagine a very real world, with colors much akin to our own
Now imagine us in this world alone
Take a moment if you will to assault your mind with the smells of wildflowers
Then add that smell with that of an early morning rain shower
Mix in the feeling of standing on a mountain top
And then picture that all in a coffee shop

Which is where we might meet

I'll walk in, tired after a long days work
Only to catch a glimpse of the smallest smirk
Coming from the cross legged sunrise in the corner
Ordering my drink, and sitting down
When I begin to look around
To see an empty room
My mind starts to race, and my pulse begins to hasten
Because I just realized you might not be taken
And so hear I am alone with a heavenly creature
Casually I turn only uncover the main feature

Your eyes, your eyes, Good Lord they're alive
And in that one moment, the fear in me died
Because I saw, what I swore could not exist
There in your eyes

Now what to do?
I wouldn't dare cheapen a perfect moment with words spoken to you
So instead I say not a word
But pray somehow that you heard
The sounds of the rain
Falling about my wildflowers

posted by randompoet

at 11:44 PM Sunday, May 14, 2006

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

err...

that's a gooder! but you have some homophone errors in there.

a well-painted picture. good grief.

9:51 AM  
Blogger randompoet said...

homophone errors? which?

4:33 PM  
Blogger Andrew said...

i didn't want to nit-pick...

uhh... i can't even copy and paste.

i don't care enough to pursue it any further. but i like you!

hahaha

11:34 AM  
Blogger randompoet said...

dang it, now I'm all curious.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


randominion!