Death to Romeo

Why tis now, tis now

Is my flesh scorned?

Tis now, TIS NOW!

I am that empty rose

I am the fallow ash

I am the storm that people fear

What has tormented me, has become my alley

I will not succumb to this, maze

Yet, if not a maze, what was it then?

And even more, if not die for this, if not chase this chance of love, if not wait then what?

I have become a man feared by some

And loved by even less few

I am nothing more than the monster you turn your face to

My flesh is scored!

Be gone from me

I will lie in my rotting flesh

Just let me lie

Please, shed not a single tear for me

I couldn’t bare the sight

Alas, fear not, for I will imagine my way out of the catacombs of my mind

You dear are living proof I can trick my mind into anything,

Even love

And please do not pity me,

Rather think of me as dead

For that is how you will it to be

So now I must be the emissary who watches from a distance

Behind my mask, making sure you are safe

Such a drama is it not?

The only thing to complete this charade would be for you

To fall in love with this mask

And for me to decline, knowing the pain it would cause you

To see this scorned flesh.

posted by randompoet

at 8:47 PM Sunday, May 14, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


randominion!