Baptismo

Oh what travesty hath befallen me on this morn

Such auspicious occasion I find my soul heavy

Much toil of wrought wrings my mind with

The latter of guesses

That which beats steadily midst my ribs

Is that which torments my laments

Shining in strife and strife alone shall not be

I wish only to be that key that set’s thy soul on fire

Ignited with a passion unquenchable until the end of our days

Oh to see you smile at me once more

Sweeter than the rain upon the flowers

I long for that smile

But I cannot take from you what you cannot give

Days hath passed and new hath arrived

And my charm is fading for I am unable to command that smile

But when it does Oh!

The clouds breaketh forth and the heavens open wide to see it

Far be it from me to stifle that kind of beauty

posted by randompoet

at 10:38 AM Saturday, December 09, 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


randominion!